Center City Eruv Map
This map shows the borders of the Center City Eruv. It is an interactive map powered by Google Maps; you can zoom in or out and move the map around by holding the left mouse botton and dragging the cursor. The map is not perfectly to scale, so please use the following guidelines:
- Carrying is permitted north of I-76, which is generally the southern border of the Eruv.
- From Passyunk Avenue and north, the Schuylkill River bank is the western boundary of the Eruv.
- Columbus Boulevard and the Delaware River waterfront area are outside of the Eruv's boundaries, as the Eruv on the east side of Center City primarily follows I-95.
- Carrying is permitted on the south side of Poplar Street, as Poplar Street is the northern boundary of the Eruv.
- Carrying IS PERMITTED over the South Street Bridge, thanks to an extension project which connects the Center City Eruv with the University City Eruv. Please note that if this extension is down, it does not affect the rest of the Center City Eruv. This extension was constructed under the strict guidance of Rabbi Brisman, the Rav HaMachshir.
Please plan accordingly.
- To make a Tax-Deductible contribution to the Center City Eruv:
CLICK HERE to donate through Fundly NOW!
Or mail checks to:
Center City Eruv Corporation
c/o Jonathan Gradman
819A Carpenter Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147