Center City Eruv Map
This map shows the borders of the Center City Eruv. It is an interactive map powered by Google Maps; you can zoom in or out and move the map around by holding the left mouse botton and dragging the cursor. The map is not perfectly to scale, so please use the following guidelines:
- Carrying is permitted on the north side of Washington Avenue (NOT the south side) and the south side of Poplar Street (NOT the north side).
- The river walk which begins at Locust Point apartment complex and follows the Schuylkill River north is outside of the Eruv's boundaries.
- Columbus Boulevard and the Delaware River waterfront area are outside of the Eruv's boundaries, as the Eruv on the east side of Center City primarily follows I-95.
- Carrying is permitted on the west side of Front Street from Race Street until Washington Avenue. The east side of Front Street between Christian Street and Washington Avenue is outside of the Eruv's boundaries.
- Please note that the actual intersection of Grey's Ferry Avenue and Washington Avenue is NOT in the Eruv's boundaries. In this section, the Eruv follows the railway system via an overpass just after the intersection of Washington Avenue and 25th Street, which cuts north-west across the city and then follows the Schuylkill River north.
- Carrying IS PERMITTED over the South Street Bridge, thanks to a recent extension project which connects the Center City Eruv with the University City Eruv. Please note that if this extension is down, it does not affect the rest of the Eruv. This extension was constructed under the strict guidance of Rabbi Brisman, the Rav HaMachshir.
Please plan accordingly.
- To make a Tax-Deductible contribution to the Center City Eruv:
CLICK HERE to donate through Fundly NOW!
Or mail checks to:
Center City Eruv Corporation
c/o Jonathan Gradman
819A Carpenter Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147